Our Social Wellness team includes a social worker, physical therapist, occupational therapist and patient education coordinator. Together, they work to help MS patients remain engaged in their local communities.
We can help MS patients and their families:
- Stay connected to their communities through recreation and other enjoyable activities that help patients remain mobile and active.
- Obtain medical coverage such as Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance
- Get financial assistance for MS disease-modifying medications and other prescribed medications
- Obtain financial assistance for medical bills, rent, utilities, food, mental health counseling and other needs
- Learn about Social Security disability
- Assess medical equipment to determine what is needed at home to optimize mobility and safety
- Find subsidized housing, accessible housing and community living settings for those who need personal care
- Find in-home care services
Our Social Wellness Team also is a resource for activities, programs and support groups at the MS Center, and MS service organizations. These programs can help MS patients create a supportive community for daily living.
Learn more about the members of the Social Wellness Team:
Alan Wittenberg, MSW, RC
Kim Kobata, RPT
Simon Gale, OTR/L
Mallory Higgins, patient education coordinator