Nurturing Care for MS in a State-of-the-Art Setting
The MS Center at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute is a state-of-the art facility with one of the most comprehensive MS treatment programs in the nation. Our clinical research provides patients with early access to emerging medications to treat MS and improve their lives today. But we know wellness goes beyond medication. That’s why we offer an array of services to help MS patients with the physical, emotional and social needs that arise from this complicated disease.
Here are some of the things that make our 11,700-square-foot center a national model for clinical care, research and well-being programs for MS:
- An award-winning design to help people with MS use the space easily
- Furniture and specialized medical, therapeutic and recreational equipment designed to meet the unique needs of MS patients
- A 1,500-square-foot, landscaped outdoor space that includes several gathering areas, as well as a harness system and a range of terrains for patients to practice walking
- Wellness services that include physical and rehabilitative therapy programs in a specially equipped gym, exercise classes and social programs such as a book club and music class
- A welcoming community commons for patients and their families to gather and meet others
- On-site research and clinical trials of promising medications -- a welcome convenience for patients who can easily meet fact-to-face with research coordinators
Next up for the center: We are tracking and comparing data on symptoms, treatments and outcomes for MS patients. Over time, this will help our specialists more effectively match patients and clinical trials.
At the MS Center, we see more than 3,000 patients a year. Our goal is to not only help them cope, but to live life well, despite having a chronic illness.
Our Comprehensive Wellness Approach ›
Take a look at our state-of-the-art center
About the MS center: Our comprehensive services