MS Center Art Show
The Multiple Sclerosis Center at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute is proud to present the Annual MS Center Art Show featuring creative works made by those affected by multiple sclerosis. Each year we are humbled by the volume of participation and the creative artworks we receive.
This year, we are so excited to announce that the 2019 MS Art Show will be displayed for an entire month at the A/NT Gallery at Seattle Center! With the new venue, there are a few changes in the guidelines this year - please read the flyer and application closely before submitting.
The prevalence of MS in the Pacific Northwest is one of the highest in the world, affecting more than 12,000 individuals in our state alone. Join us for this free art exhibition in June to learn more about how this neurological disease has touched the lives of those in our community.
We are very excited to partner with the A/NT Gallery at Seattle Center to present your artwork to a large public audience. The Art Show is free and open to the public. Please invite your friends, family, neighbors and loved ones to see the artwork on display.
The Swedish MS Center Art Show is one of many events the Swedish MS Center hosts to help individuals thrive beyond their disease. The show is not a fundraiser but merely an opportunity to raise awareness about MS.
How to Apply
Artists of all abilities, including children, are encouraged to submit artwork for this annual event to raise community awareness about multiple sclerosis.
More information and application (PDF), or contact the MS Center to have a hard copy mailed to you.
Submitting an application and artwork
You can submit your Art Show application three ways:
- In-person drop off: MS Center at Swedish
- By Email
- Postal mail: Attn: Erin Carper, 1600 East Jefferson Street, A Level, Seattle, WA 98122
Your application can be submitted anytime.
- Submit your artwork to the Swedish MS Center in person between May 1-May 24, 2019, Monday-Friday between 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Do not mail art work.
- All artwork must be “show-ready.”
- See application for guidelines on size, labeling, framing and hardware.
Call 206-991-2099 or send an email.
Mark Your Calendars!
The A/NT Gallery is hosting an Opening Night Party for our MS Art Show on Saturday, June 1 from 6 - 9 PM.
Swedish will be hosting a Closing Night Celebration on Saturday, June 29 from 6 - 9 PM.
More info to follow - artists and general public are welcome to attend both!
I want to donate! How can I help?
You can make a make a tax-deductible donation to support the Art Show through the Swedish Foundation. Contact Samantha Vanover by email or call 206-386-3349.
Art Show Guidelines
- Artists must have a connection to MS (diagnosis, family members, children, caregivers, friends, colleagues, etc.).
- This year, due to space restrictions, we ask that your entry is related to your experience with multiple sclerosis, and that you include a short statement on your piece to be displayed.* If you wish to remain anonymous, please note that in your application.
- Individuals of all ages and artistic abilities are welcome to submit artwork.
- Artwork may include a variety of visual media, such as paintings, sculpture, ceramics, textile, jewelry, arts/crafts, photography, poetry and graphic design. No candles/flames.
- Submissions must be original works created within the last five years.
- Maximum size: 36" W by 36" H. While we do not want to limit creativity, we want to allow as many artists as possible a chance to display their work
- Limit two art pieces per artist. If the number of art pieces received exceeds the display capacity, only your piece marked “1st priority” may be displayed.
- Art can be sold at the Art Show. Please note, the A/NT Gallery charges a 15% commission, so please consider that when pricing your piece. You will receive payment when the show ends. Swedish does not take a commission.
- Have a good time!
*For many of us, pets and service animals are an important, even vital, part of our lives. This year, we are partnering with All the Best Pet Care to invite you to submit artworks featuring the pets and service animals that positively contribute (or have contributed) to your health, security, and well-being!
We are very excited to partner with the A/NT Gallery at Seattle Center to present your artwork to a large public audience.