Preparing for Your Appointment
It is important to us that you receive the highest quality care. We need your help to reach our goal. Keeping your scheduled appointment and arriving early is important in addressing your needs, keeping wait times low, and respecting clinic times of other patients. In order to help us best serve you and others in the MS community, please properly prepare for each appointment.
When You Make Your Appointment
- Arrange your transportation to the Center. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time.
- Check your email or postal mail for the new patient packet provided by an MS Center scheduler. Completed forms will be required upon check-in for your appointment.
- Add our number (206-320-2200) to your cell phone or address book. Having our number at your fingertips is useful if you need to schedule, reschedule, cancel or have other questions.
1-2 Days Before Your Visit
- Make sure you have completed all required paperwork in your new patient packet. Be prepared to hand it in upon checking in for your appointment.
- Print or copy a map and directions to the MS Center. (View Travel Page)
- Make sure you have your insurance card.
- Plan for parking if you are driving. There are several options, including complimentary valet.
- Write down a list of questions or issues you would like to talk about. Place the most important concerns at the top of your list.
- Bring a pen, notepad, calendar, or electronic device to take notes.
- Put your car keys or bus pass on top of the things you need to bring with you so that you cannot forget them.
- You are welcome to bring friends or family to help you remember important questions or what was said during your visit. If you and do not want these people with you in the room, tell the front desk or pass them a note and the nurse will inform them to stay in the waiting room.
Day of Your Visit
- Be an early bird. Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. Your appointment time is when you should be in a room ready to see the health care provider. This extra time is needed to review your insurance, medications, allergies and take vital signs.
- Please allow time for traffic and parking. We encourage drivers to use our free valet (parking fees apply). (View Travel Page)
- If you will be late, please call to let us know. This helps us make sure there is a timely flow for our visitors.
- Stick to your list of questions to help you from getting side tracked. Mention any urgent issues first.
- Please turn off your cell phone.
- Leave young children at home, or bring someone to watch them in the waiting room.
We understand that occasionally, you may need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Please contact us no later than 48 hours before your scheduled visit. This will allow us to use this time for another patient who is on a waiting list.
‹ Scheduling Travel/Directions ›