Interventional Spine Fellowship
Swedish offers one-year fellowship in Interventional Spine training. Applicants should have completed a PM&R, Anesthesiology or Neurology residency.
The fellowship provides a unique integration of non-operative and surgical specialists within the Institute, allowing the opportunity to differentiate surgical versus non-surgical cases.
Procedures taught include:
- Facet joint injections (Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar (C-T-L)
- Medial branch blocks and ablation (C-T-L)
- Epidural steroid injections (Caudal, C-T-L Interlaminar, and C-T-L Transforaminal)
- Sacroiliac joint injection and ablations
- Intra-articular hip joint injections
- Regenerative medicine
- Interspinous spacers
- Vertebral augmentation (Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty)
- Spinal cord simulation
The goal of this fellowship is to train broadly competent, Interventional Spine specialists in the evaluation and management of the full spectrum of spine disorders.