Emergency Airway Management Course
Adult and pediatric airway management technique for physicians
This three-hour course provides the opportunity to develop effective hands-on techniques and strategies used in managing both adult and pediatric patients in nonemergency and emergency simulations. The course is appropriate for internal medicine physicians, emergency medicine physicians, adult and pediatric hospitalists and critical care physicians who are interested in improving airway management skills with advanced airway techniques (fiberoptic intubation, videolaryngoscopy, etc.).
Click here to view course schedule and to register
- Lecture: Airway Management Strategies and Approach to the Difficult Airway
- Lecture: Use of Anesthetic Induction Agents and Neuromuscular Blockers
- Hands-on practice at simulation stations:
- Bag mask ventilation, oral airways, nasal airways
- Direct laryngoscopy and introducers (Eschmann stylets), exchange catheters (Cook catheters)
- Laryngeal mask airway and intubating LMA
- Fiberoptic intubation
- Percutaneous cricothyrotomy and jet ventilation
- CME: This activity qualifies for three Category One CME credits.
- Instructor: Hanns Hasche-Kleunder, M.D., anesthesiologist
- Cost: This course is free for all physicians who see patients at any Swedish campus. The course fee for non-Swedish privileged providers is $350, paid at the time of registration.
- Rescheduling and cancellation policy: Space is limited in these classes. Please cancel or reschedule your course at least five business days prior to the date of the course. Participants who do not cancel or reschedule and who do not attend the scheduled course may lose their registration fee or be charged $350 to reschedule the course.
- Additional course dates available: Additional course dates may be scheduled for teams of 3 participants or more. Please contact Ben Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Questions: Please contact Ben Wilson at email@example.com for questions and more information.
- Location: Swedish Cherry Hill Campus.
- Hours: 12:00 pm-3:00 pm