It's Time to Think About Your Medicare Options
Have questions about Medicare coverage? Swedish can help!
The Medicare Annual Election Period runs from October 15 - December 7. If you are 65 or older, this is the time you can change your Medicare plan, enroll in a new plan, and add or drop Medicare Part D prescription coverage.
Medicare Advantage at Swedish Medical Group in King, Kitsap and Snohomish Counties
Swedish Medical Group accepts a variety of Medicare insurance plans, including Original Medicare, Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage.
For 2018, our clinics are contracted with the following Medicare Advantage plans* in King and Snohomish County:
- AARP Medicare Complete insured through United Healthcare
- Aetna Medicare
- Community HealthFirst - for specialty care only (referrals are required from patient's PCP for specialty care, however, an authorization from CHPW is not required*)
- Humana Health Plan, Inc.
- Humana Insurance Company
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington - in-network for Swedish Pine Lake primary care patients or authorization to be seen at Swedish only)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Providence Health Plan
- Regence BlueShield (excludes Regence BlueAdvantage HMO)
- Soundpath Health
In Kitsap County:
- Humana Insurance Company
- Regence BlueShield
Contracted Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans for 2018 in King and Snohomish counties include:
- Molina Healthcare of Washington, Inc.
- United Healthcare
- Humana Health Plan, Inc. (King County Only)
This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.
*Plans may vary by clinic. Please contact Connexion Insurance Solutions at 1-877-315-3279 to find a plan that meets your needs.
Resources to help you understand your options
We understand how complex and confusing Medicare can be. Qualified representatives from Connexion Insurance Solutions can assist in meeting your needs. Call 1-877-315-3279 to schedule a consultation, sign up for an info session or speak with a representative to find a plan that meets your needs. There is no fee for these services.
As always, you also may contact plans directly, work with any licensed independent insurance agent or obtain information by going directly to Medicare (1-800-MEDICARE or www.medicare.gov).
Attend a Free Medicare Information Seminar
Get answers to your questions about Medicare coverage by attending one of our free Medicare Information Seminars.
On-site Medicare Advantage Information
Some of our clinics will have representatives from Connexion Insurance Solutions on-site during open enrollment.
Additional Medicare resources
In addition to the resources available through Connexion Insurance Solutions, there are other ways to learn about or enroll in Medicare coverage, including:
- Contacting Medicare Advantage plans directly
- Contacting any licensed insurance agent of your choice
- Going directly to Medicare via 1-800-MEDICARE or www.medicare.gov
Back to top