Forget what you may have heard in the past, ECT is a safe and effective treatment for specific types of mental health issues. The treatment is most commonly employed to treat patients with depression, but is also used to treat patients with psychotic or manic symptoms.
- Adjustment disorders
- Most commercial insurance and Medicare cover ECT
- More than 80% of depressed patients respond favorably to ECT
- Referrals and appointments required
Is this program right for me?
- You suffer from severe depression
- You have known biological abnormalities that affect your mood, sleep and appetite
- You are committed to sustaining treatment in the series and medication after treatment