Swedish Cancer Institute Rehabilitation Medicine
The Swedish Cancer Institute, in collaboration with Swedish Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, offers a wide range of cancer rehabilitation services.
With your cancer rehabilitation physicians at the Swedish Cancer Institute, you will work with an expert team that includes physical, occupational, and speech-language therapists, nutritionists, and other supportive care providers.
Cancer rehabilitation integrates medical management of cancer treatment-related side effects and a variety of exercise therapies. Participation in Swedish Cancer Rehab is integral to your recovery and wellbeing. Your cancer rehabilitation plan will be created, implemented, and managed based on your individual symptoms, lifestyle, and goals.
Download our Living Well While Living With Cancer (PDF)
- Evaluation and medical management of cancer treatment-related side effects and pre-existing barriers to everyday activity.
- An evaluation of your cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, flexibility, and activity goals.
- Physical and occupational therapy that helps address specific physical challenges resulting from cancer and its treatment. Examples include lymphedema, loss of motion, and skin tightness after surgery or radiation treatment.
- Education and counseling about the medical facts of your cancer, how they undermine well-being and how you can relate to them in a way that is healing and reduces the impact they have on your life.
- Enhanced energy, decreased fatigue, improved activity capacity and a sense of well-being while living with cancer.
- For patients who have completed treatment and do not have complex rehabilitation issues requiring management by a cancer rehabilitation physician, we offer a stand-alone, physical therapist-directed exercise program.
We're Part of the Swedish Cancer Institute
At the Swedish Cancer Institute, our team works in a collaborative environment to focus on you—not your disease. We fight cancer using every available tool—from the rapidly developing science of gene sequencing to innovative treatments and therapies to the compassionate caring and support you and your loved ones deserve.
We believe that second opinions are often a good idea. Our care coordinators will help determine which physician you should see and help set up an appointment.
Call 1-855-XCANCER to request a second opinion.