We look forward to having you as a student in our facility. Learn about nursing at Swedish. For further assistance, questions, or concerns, please visit our Contact Information page.
Complete through Clinical Placements Northwest (CPNW) annually:
- Submit to school coordinator your Clinical Passport supporting documents
- Complete CPNW self-learning modules
- As an instructor at Swedish, you are required to complete the same orientation as the students in addition to reading the instructor material.
- Onboarding, online orientation and RISE modules are to be completed prior to any classroom orientation provided by Swedish and prior to students arriving on campus for their clinical experience.
- Provide students direction on which additional modules to complete during their online orientation pertinent to the skills they will be practicing or unit/specialty assigned to.
- Click on the link to complete Orientation (Returning instructors review this information annually)
Additional Instructor Orientation Material and Resources
- Meet your units' manager(s) and spend time shadowing a nurse on your units
- Send student schedules to the clinical managers (hard copy) and Academic Services (electronic) prior to students’ arrival on the units
Evaluation of Online Orientation
- Completion of this online form will allow us to improve this site and/or validate its continued support. Specific comments are particularly helpful if you have suggestions for improvement. Every evaluation is read.
Nursing Student Orientation Completion Record
- Submit this form to complete your online orientation.