Application Requirements, Interview Dates and Deadlines
All applicants must participate in the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
If you are interested in becoming a Resident at Swedish’s PGY1 Program, please apply as follows:
- Register for the ASHP Resident Matching Program by December 28
- Submit all application materials via the PhORCAS system consisting of:
- Curriculum vitae - no longer than 10 pages
Please include any previous names used in official correspondence. See frequently asked questions about the application process for details on content.
- Letter of intent - one page only
Please address letter of intent to “Resident Selection Committee.” See frequently asked questions for details on content. Note that personal statements will NOT be accepted.
- Three references
Two must be from an inpatient or acute care rotation preceptor.
One must be from a pharmacy employer or main preceptor employee (see frequently asked questions about the application process for exceptions).
References must provide comments on at least seven characteristics (i.e. leadership/mentoring skills, clinical problem solving skills, etc.).
- Official copy of college transcript for pharmacy school
- All materials must be received by December 28, 11:59PM EST in order to be eligible for consideration for an interview. Please note that mailed submissions will NOT be accepted.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by January 15. Refer to frequently asked questions about the interview and selection process for more information.
Submit ranking list by Friday, March 5 to National Matching Program. The SMC ASHP match number is #154413. Results of the match will be released via email on Friday, March 19.
For further detailed application information, please refer to frequently asked questions or contact Kris Eng, Residency Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.