ARNP Gastroenterology Fellowship
Swedish Digestive Health
1221 Madison Street, Suite 1220
Seattle, WA 98104
Swedish Gastroenterology is offering a one-year post-graduate fellowship. The program will provide one nurse practitioner who is interested in a career in gastroenterology with clinical experience and practice-based knowledge in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. The program integrated within our growing Digestive Health Network and involve one-on-one training with physicians, surgeons and ARNPs/PA’s in gastroenterology, hepatology/liver transplant, GI oncology and GI surgery. We welcome recent nurse practitioner graduates and practicing nurse practitioners who wish to specialize in gastroenterology.
Program medical director
The Gastroenterology Fellowship: Curriculum includes inpatient and outpatient clinical experience with a primary focus in gastroenterology, and additional rotations within the digestive health network including hepatology/liver transplantation, surgery (thoracic, bariatric and colorectal), and oncology.
Methods of learning include one-on-one training and didactic curriculum including conferences, monthly journal club and tumor boards as well as monthly lectures that cover diagnostic, treatment and management guidelines for various gastrointestinal conditions.
ARNP fellows will be offered a compensation package that includes salary, benefits, paid vacation, professional liability insurance and CME reimbursement.
Fellowship dates: September 2018 to August 2019
Accepting applications: March 2018 to May 2018
Application review, interviews and acceptance: May 2018 to July 2018
To be eligible for the program, applicants must have:
- A Master or Doctorate of Science degree in nursing
- Graduated from an accredited graduate level program with credits/clinical experience with adult, family, gerontology or acute care
- National board certification eligible in adult, family, gerontology or acute care practitioners
- Active RN and advanced practice license in the state of Washington
- DEA license and NPI number
- Applicant will need to have ACLS certification – this can be completed once accepted into the fellowship
- RN experience preferred
The following documents are required prior to an interview:
- Completed application
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- A one-page narrative describing your interest in wanting to enroll in this fellowship program and your future goals in gastroenterology and hepatology
Apply and submit your documents online
If you prefer to print and mail the application and documents, mail them to:
Swedish Gastroenterology - ARNP Fellowship
1221 Madison Street Suite 1220
Seattle, WA. 98104