APC Gastroenterology Fellowship
Swedish Digestive Health
1221 Madison Street, Suite 1220
Seattle, WA 98104
Swedish Gastroenterology offers a one-year post-graduate fellowship. The program will provide one nurse practitioner or physician assistant who is interested in a career in gastroenterology with clinical experience and practice based knowledge in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
The program is integrated within our growing Digestive Health Network and involves one-on-on training with physicians, surgeons and ARNPs/PAs in gastroenterology, hepatology/liver transplant, GI oncology and GI surgery. We welcome nurse practitioner and physician assistant graduates and practicing nurse practitioners and physician assistants who wish to specialized in gastroenterology.
The Gastroenterology fellowship curriculum includes inpatient and outpatient clinical experience with a primary focus in gastroenterology, and additional rotations within the digestive health network including hepatology/liver transplantation, surgery (thoracic, bariatric, and colorectal), and oncology.
Methods of learning include one-on-one training and didactic curriculum, including conferences, monthly journal club and tumor boards, as well as monthly lectures that cover diagnostic, treatment and management guidelines for various gastrointestinal conditions.
In addition, the program will involve the completion of a project that will augment clinical and didactic components of the fellowship, and focused on one or more core values, including optimizing patient centered care, building knowledge, creating processes that foster teamwork-support outreach and research.
Genee Holtzman, ARNP
Carolyn Anderson, ARNP
Rohit Sharda, MD
Melanie Panchal, ARNP
APC fellows will be offered a compensation package that includes salary, benefits, paid vacation, professional liability insurance and CME reimbursement.
We apologize, but we will not be having a fellowship program for the 2023-2024 year due to budget constraints. Please recheck our website in January 2024.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must have:
- A Master or Doctorate of Science in nursing or a Master of Clinical Science or Master of Science in Physician Assistant studies
- Graduated from an accredited graduate level program with credits/clinical experience with adult, family, gerontology or acute care
- National board certification required from either ANCC, AANP or NCCPA
- Active RN and ARNP or PA license in the state of Washington
- DEA license and NPI
- Applicant will need to have ACLS and BLS certification
- RN experience or previous clinical experience preferred
The following documents are required prior to an interview:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- A one-page narrative describing your interest in wanting to enroll in this fellowship program and your future goals in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the program directors
Apply by email
If you prefer to mail the documents, mail them to:
Swedish Gastroenterology - APC Fellowship
1221 Madison St Suite 1220
Seattle WA 98104