APC Gastroenterology Fellowship
Swedish Digestive Health
1221 Madison Street, Suite 1220
Seattle, WA 98104
Swedish Gastroenterology is offering a one year post-graduate fellowship. The program will provide one nurse practitioner or physician assistant who is interested in a career in gastroenterology with clinical experience and practice based knowledge in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. The program is integrated within our growing Digestive Health Network and involves one-on-on training with physicians, surgeons, and ARNPs/PAs in gastroenterology, hepatology/liver transplant, GI oncology, and GI surgery. We welcome nurse practitioner and physician assistant graduates and practicing nurse practitioners and physician assistants who wish to specialized in gastroenterology.
The Gastroenterology fellowship curriculum includes inpatient and outpatient clinical experience with a primary focus in gastroenterology, and additional rotations within the digestive health network including hepatology/liver transplantation, surgery (thoracic, bariatric, and colorectal), and oncology.
Methods of learning including one-on-one training and didactic curriculum including conferences, monthly journal club, and tumor boards as well as monthly lectures that cover diagnostic, treatment, and management guidelines for various gastrointestinal conditions.
In addition the program will involve the completion of a project that will augment clinical and didactic components of the fellowship. Focused on one or more core values including optimizing patient centered care, building knowledge, creating processes that foster teamwork-support outreach and research.
Program development: Genee Holtzman, ARNP and Carolyn Anderson, ARNP.
Program directors: Dr. John Brandabur and Melanie Panchal, ARNP
APC fellows will be offered a compensation package that includes salary, benefits, paid vacation, professional liability insurance, and CME reimbursement.
Fellowship dates: September 2020 to August 2021
Accepting applications: February 2020 - April 2020
Application review, interview, and acceptance: May 2020 to June 2020
To be eligible for the program, applicants must have:
- A Master or Doctorate of Science in nursing or a Master of Clinical Science or Master of Science in Physician Assistant studies
- Graduated from an accredited graduate level program with credits/clinical experience with adult, family, gerontology, or acute care
- National board certification required from either ANCC, AANP, or NCCPA
- Active RN and ARNP or PA license in the state of Washington
- DEA license and NPI
- Applicant will need to have ACLS and BLS certification
- RN experience or previous clinical experience preferred
The following documents are required prior to an interview:
- Completed application
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- A one-page narrative describing your interest in wanting to enroll in this fellowship program and your future goals in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the program directors
Apply and submit your documents online
If you prefer to print and mail the application and documents, mail them to:
Swedish Gastroenterology - APC Fellowship
1221 Madison Street Suite 1220
Seattle, WA. 98104