We accept applications, arrange interviews and offer positions on a rolling basis. Fellowship positions for the upcoming academic year are usually filled by the end of October, so we recommend application submission between July and September – the earlier the better.
Applicants must be:
- A third-year resident in an accredited Family Medicine residency, or
- Board-certified or board-eligible in Family Medicine
- Mid-career physicians looking for additional skills or a career change are welcome to apply
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Washington State
- We cannot support J-1 visas
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your program director
- If you are more than two years out of residency, a letter from a senior colleague or supervising physician/medical director may be substituted for the program director letter, if desired
- Letters of recommendation may be submitted either directly by letter writers to the email address below or by applicants with the rest of the application materials
- Personal Statement outlining your inpatient experience to date, and why you want to pursue this training
Fellows start in late July or early August.
Submit your application or questions about our program to HospitalistFellowship@Swedish.org.