Watch excerpts of the live video from Swedish’s 2010 Symposium below.
There weren't many powerpoint presentations or slides during the event, but if you're looking for the slides from some of the breakout session presenters, you can view them here.
Looking for archived videos of the event?
Questions about the event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read through tweets & comments from speakers & participants from the event:
Swedish CEO Rod Hochman, MD, offered these 12 takeaways at the end of the event:
- Be transparent
- Collaborate across a community
- Make the consumer/patient the priority
- Create incentives for healthy behavior
- Economic and educational advancement improve health
- It's not only about the "hospital"
- Focus on wellness, prevention and chronic disease management
- Collaborative, connected electronic health records
- Make payment reform a priority (pay doctors based on quality, not volume)
- Eliminate variation and promote communication
- Practice reverse innovation (such as using low-tech solutions)
- Do everything within the framework of a rigorous science of health care delivery