Adult Procedural Sedation
The course goal is to provide clinical management guidelines and competency for the purpose of ensuring uniformity of care provided to patients receiving procedural sedation. This online module is intended for Licensed Independent Practitioners (LIPs), including physicians and allied health professionals with appropriate credentials, such as certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA), PA-Cs, and advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNP). View "CME Credit & Info" tab below for more information.
Read all materials below before completing the online self-assessment quiz.
Quiz & Completion Documentation
To complete this course and claim credit a self-assessment quiz score of 100% is required along with completing the course evaluation. Click the "Start Quiz" button below to log into the CME Portal, register for the course and access and complete the quiz. Please review the important notes below in red before beginning the quiz.
- If you are logging into the Swedish CME portal for the first time since January 5, please view CME Account Creation instructions to link your new account to your previous CME Profile if applicable before starting the module.
- In 2021 the module process changed, View the new online module completion instructions for our new CME system if this is your first module completion in our system this year. Using the Chrome internet browser is recommended. Contact email@example.com with any questions or issues.
- You will be required to register first to complete this course. *If you are a Swedish Medical Staff member completing this for credentialing please choose the free "Swedish Medical Staff" registration fee option.*
- This quiz and evaluation must be completed at one time/sitting due to technology limitations and should take approximately 15-20 minutes for the full process, view returning to an online module instructions if needed but progress may not have saved if you come back at a later time to complete it.
- To receive a certificate/credit you must continue the steps to log-in and complete the evaluation after passing the module/quiz. After passing the quiz click on the 'Next' button to continue.
*Please note you will not receive credit or a certificate for this program if you do not continue through the steps after passing the module quiz. Your progress and completion will not be recorded if you do not continue and you will have to complete the module quiz again as progress may not have saved. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
CME Credit & Info
Accreditation with Commendation
Swedish Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Swedish Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to provide better patient care through an increased ability to:
Prepare and evaluate patients prior to sedation
Distinguish between the different levels of sedation and recognize when a patient's level of sedation progresses from moderate to deep
Identify the drugs commonly administered to induce moderate procedural sedation
Manage side effects and complications of moderate procedural sedation
Disclosures & Commercial Support
The planning committee members have no financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose. No commercial support was used in the development of this CME learning activity.
This is a self-learning module requiring reading and answering questions related to the content. The learner must complete all answers accurately in order to successfully complete the course.
Estimated Time to Complete
Allow one hour to complete the training module and exam.
If you are a credentialed provider at Swedish, Providence or Skagit Regional Health, there is no registration fee. Select the appropriate free registration fee option when registering for the quiz access. Hospital affiliation will be verified and your registration fee will be covered directly by the respective hospital. All other providers will be charged a $35 registration fee to claim credit for completing the activity. For more information or to set up a registration option for your hospital please contact Swedish CME.
Swedish Administrative Questions: Swedish Medical Staff Services at 206-386-2550
Technical Questions: Swedish CME at 206-386-2755 or email@example.com
Review Date: December 6, 2017
Review Date: November 28, 2018
End Date: December 31, 2021
Privacy & Confidentiality
This learning activity is the property of Swedish Medical Center.
Content Planning Committee 2019-2021
Erin Parker, D.O., Course Chair
Arooj Simmonds, M.D.
Caye Boosalis, CME Manager
Barbara Shaw, Director, Medical Staff Services
Danielle Posadas, CME Specialist Sr.
Content Planning Committee 2016-2018
Gregory Marsh, M.D., Course Chair
Bruce Webster, M.D.
Caye Boosalis, CME Manager
Melina Ovchiyan, MBA
Danielle Westley Posadas, CME Specialist