A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Label Study of Guadecitabine (SGI-110) Versus Treatment Choice in Adults With Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) or Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia (CMML) Previously Treated With Hypomethylating Agents
A Phase 3, randomized, open-label, parallel-group, multicenter study designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of guadecitabine in subjects with MDS or CMML who failed or relapsed after adequate prior treatment with azacitidine, decitabine, or both. This global study will be conducted in approximately 15 countries. Approximately 408 subjects from approximately 100 study centers will be randomly assigned in a 2:1 ratio to either guadecitabine (approximately 272 subjects) or Treatment Choice (approximately 136 subjects). The study consists of a 14-day screening period, a treatment period, a safety follow-up visit, and a long-term follow-up period. The study is expected to last more than 2 years, and the duration of individual subject participation will vary. Subjects may continue to receive treatment for as long as they continue to benefit.
Cancer (Oncology) - Leukemia,
Cancer (Oncology) - Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
Raya Mawad, MD
Swedish Cancer Institute
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older (Adult, Senior)
|Sexes Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
Other prior treatments for MDS such as lenalidomide, cytarabine, intensive chemotherapy, hydroxyurea, erythropoietin and other growth factors, or hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) are allowed.
- Subjects who have been diagnosed as having AML with peripheral blood or bone marrow blasts of ≥20%.
- Subjects who may still be sensitive to repeated treatment with decitabine or azacitidine such as subjects who had response to prior decitabine or azacitidine treatment, but relapsed >6 months after stopping treatment with these agents.
- Prior treatment with guadecitabine.
- Hypersensitivity to decitabine, guadecitabine, or any of their excipients.
- Second malignancy currently requiring active therapy, except breast or prostate cancer stable on or responding to endocrine therapy.
- Treated with any investigational drug within 2 weeks of the first dose of study treatment.
- Total serum bilirubin >2.5 ULN (except for subjects with Gilbert's Syndrome for whom direct bilirubin is <2.5×ULN), or liver cirrhosis or chronic liver disease Child-Pugh Class B or C.
- Known active HIV, HBV, or HCV infection. Inactive hepatitis carrier status or low viral hepatitis titer on antivirals is allowed.
- Known significant mental illness or other condition such as active alcohol or other substance abuse or addiction that, in the opinion of the investigator, predisposes the subject to high risk of noncompliance with the protocol.
- Refractory congestive heart failure unresponsive to medical treatment, active infection resistant to all antibiotics, or advanced non-MDS associated pulmonary disease requiring >2 liters per minute oxygen.