DECAAF II - Efficacy of DE-MRI-Guided Fibrosis Ablation vs. Conventional Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
To examine the efficacy of targeting atrial fibrosis tissue during an ablation procedure treating persistent Atrial Fibrillation.
Heart & Vascular - Electrophysiology,
Heart & Vascular
Darryl S. Wells, MD
University of Utah
- Patients with persistent AF undergoing first AF ablation.
- Must have some proportion of atrial fibrosis.
- Able to understand and willing to sign the Informed Consent Form.
- Age greater than or equal to 18 years.
- Contraindication for DE-MRI with a full dose of Gadonlinium-based contrast agent.
- Previous left atrial ablation or surgical procedure.
- Women currently pregnant.
- Mental or physical inability to take part in the study.
- Uncontrolled hypertension.
- Inability to be placed in MRI due to body mass.