A Multi-center, Randomized, Open-label, Phase IV Study to Investigate the Management of Pasireotide-induced Hyperglycemia With Incretin Based Therapy or Insulin in Adult Patients With Cushing's Disease or Acromegaly
The study aims to demonstrate that pasireotide-induced hyperglycemia can be effectively and safely managed in majority of patients, including those with diabetes at start of pasireotide treatment.
Neuroscience - Growth Hormone Deficiency,
Kevin Yuen, MD
- Patients greater than or equal to 18 years old
- Confirmed diagnosis of Cushing's disease or acromegaly
- Patients who require surgical intervention
- Patients receiving DPP-4 inhibitors or GLP-1 receptor agonists within 4 weeks prior to study entry
- HbA1c > 10 % at screening
- Known hypersensitivity to somatostatin analogues Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply.