A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Phase 3 Study of the Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) Inhibitor, Ibrutinib, in Combination With Rituximab Versus Placebo in Combination With Rituximab in Treatment Naïve Subjects With Follicular Lymphoma (PERSPECTIVE)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate whether the addition of ibrutinib will result in prolongation of progression-free survival (PFS) when compared with rituximab alone in treatment naïve subjects with follicular lymphoma.
Cancer (Heme) - Lymphoma - Follicular
John Pagel, MD, PhD
Swedish Cancer Institute
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||60 Years and older (Adult, Senior)
|Sexes Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of follicular lymphoma CD20+ (Grade 1, 2 or 3a) Ann Arbor Stage II, III or IV disease.
- Measurable disease
- Subjects 70 years of age or older; OR subjects 60-69 years of age who have one or more comorbidities.
- Meets one or more Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes Folliculaire (GELF) criteria.
- Adequate hematologic function within protocol-defined parameters.
- Adequate hepatic and renal function within protocol-defined parameters.
- ECOG performance status score of 0-2.
- Transformed lymphoma
- Prior treatment for follicular lymphoma
- Central nervous system lymphoma or leptomeningeal disease
- Currently active, clinically significant cardiovascular disease