Stop The Bleed
March 27, 2018
For Immediate Release
Edmonds – Swedish Edmonds is hosting a free Bleeding Control Basic (BCon) Course on March 31st, 2018 National Stop the Bleed Day, located on the 4th floor in Auditorium A. The course will be held during three separate times, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. and 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. The goal of the course is to prevent deaths from bleeding by training and equipping bystanders to treat life threatening bleeding before first responders can arrive.
At the completion of the course, participants should be able to:
1. Understand basic principles of an active shooter response
2. Identify life-threatening bleeding
3. Describe the steps to control life-threatening bleeding.
4. Demonstrate the application of gauze and wound packing for bleeding control
5. Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg
A Basic B-Con course certificate will be awarded to those who successfully complete the course.
Visit the Swedish
website to register for the class.
Learn more about the Stop The Bleed