RN Residency Program at Swedish
The RN Residency Program at Swedish Medical Center is designed to provide the new graduate nurse support during the transition from student to a competent and confident professional staff nurse in the acute care setting.
The goals of The RN Residency Program are to help the resident nurse:
Transition successfully to a confident practitioner
- Enhance skills needed to provide quality and standardized care
- Advance critical thinking and the skills and confidence to make timely and sound clinical decisions
- Commit to lifelong learning and engagement in a nursing leadership role
To best support you as you grow we provide:
- Group orientation and education that allows new nurses to learn together and support one another during the transition to practice
- Experienced preceptors trained to provide unit-based support, guidance and performance feedback
- A team of advanced practice nurses who specialize in education and supporting resident nurses
- Simulated clinical experiences in small groups which focus on learning the basics of nursing including: acute care skill acquisition, critical thinking, applying Swedish clinical standards, integrating nurse sensitive quality care behaviors and habits, team communication and collaboration
- Standardized password protected web-based feedback from managers, preceptors, and educators
- Specialty focused advanced education both in the classroom and through electronic learning modules
Learn more about the RN Residency program in the video below.