Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
This region-leading program continues to offer patients Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) Lobectomy. Over the last year, VATS has broadened to also include thymectomy and other mediastinal diseases. Going one step further, in 2008 Swedish Thoracic Surgery was the first to offer the minimally invasive robot-assisted surgery using the Da Vinci Surgical System.
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Endoscopic Zenker's diverticulectomy
- Intragastric surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic hiatal hernia surgery
- Lung resection (lobectomy, pneumonectomy)
- Mediastinoscopy (lymph node biopsy)
- Mediastinal tumor resection
- Nissen fundoplication
- Pleuroscopy (thoracoscopy)
- Robotic surgery (daVinci)
- Thymectomy - VATS and robotic
- Video assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
April 17, 2013 What should you know about pain killers after surgery?
Swedish Thoracic Surgery / First Hill1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104
Becoming a Patient
Patient Stories of Strength
Swedish Thoracic Surgery is a proud member of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons, a not-for-profit organization representing over 6,800 surgeons, researchers and other health professionals worldwide dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care through education, research, and advocacy.
Swedish offers smoking-cessation resources including brochures and materials. Download a brochure