A strong partnership between Swedish and its network hospitals is the key to the success of its TeleHealth programs. Multiple hospitals and individual physicians have made a commitment to their communities to improve access to much needed, but scarce, specialty care.
The network was a critical step in developing the Swedish Acute Telestroke program. Network hospitals have put into service telestroke technology that links their emergency department physicians with the Swedish Neuroscience Institute’s Acute Stroke Telemedicine Team. This connection allows physicians in local emergency departments to consult with the neurologists at Swedish’s certified stroke center in a more interactive mode than is available during a phone consult, and to more quickly initiate life-saving treatment.
TeleHealth network hospitals include:
- Island Hospital (Anacortes)
- Jefferson Healthcare (Port Townsend)
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center (Richland)
- Kennewick General Hospital (Kennewick)
- Lake Chelan Community Hospital (Chelan)
- Olympic Medical Center (Port Angeles)
- Skagit Valley Hospital (Mount Vernon)
- Swedish/Mill Creek
- Swedish Neuroscience Institute (Seattle)
- Walla Walla General Hospital (Walla Walla)
- Whidbey General Hospital (Coupeville)
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital (Yakima)
Patients want exceptional care close to home. The TeleHealth Network is making it possible for patients to receive specialized care close to home.
World-class health care – regardless of where you live.
To learn more about Swedish's TeleHealth Program, or how to become a partner or utilize any of our TeleHealth services, please call 206-320-3112 or contact us at TeleHealth@swedish.org.
To learn more about TeleInterpreter Services, please contact Swedish Linguistic Services at 206-386-3019 or 206-215-2362.
Learn how advanced technology and online security are helping expand access to health care.
One Hospital's Story
Jefferson Healthcare & Swedish...a partnership that benefits Port Townsend.