Refer a Patient to Swedish Vascular Surgery
To refer a patient to Swedish Vascular Surgery, call 206-215-5921 or fax referral form.
We are a central resource for emergency and routine consultations, non-invasive diagnostic services, and vascular surgery and endovascular procedures for venous problems and chronic vascular conditions.
What We Offer
- Diagnostic services, including vascular ultrasound for arterial and venous disease such as aneurysms, carotid disease, peripheral arterial disease, venous thromboembolic disorder, deep vein thrombosis, venous insufficiency and varicose veins
- Surgical procedures, including endaterectomy, aneurysm repair, bypass grafting, amputation and embolectomy
- Endovascular interventions, such as endoluminal stent grafting of aneurysms, atherectomy, balloon angioplasty and stenting of diseased arteries
- Vascular Laboratory performs a wide variety of vascular testing, including peripheral arterial, peripheral venous, cerebrovascular and abdominal vascular duplex. Our goal is to provide same-day service for patients and providers requesting vascular testing.
We also provide many office-based procedures for the patient’s convenience and to avoid hospitalization, including:
- Temporal artery biopsy
- Chronic vascular access for those undergoing chemotherapy, kidney dialysis, long-term antibiotic treatment, and long-term intravenous alimentation
- Caval filters
- Stent placement
- Dialysis access intervention and salvage
- Endovenous laser ablation for varicose veins
- Radiofrequency closure procedure
- Ultrasound-guided, light-assisted and surface sclerotherapy techniques for varicose veins
We assemble a team of experts to provide the highest quality care and ensure the best possible outcomes for patients who have been referred to us. We work closely with our colleagues in cardiology, cardiac surgery, interventional radiology, nephrology and podiatry, and also with wound-care specialists. The ultrasonographers in our ICAVL-accredited Vascular Lab are registered vascular technologists with extensive experience in vascular diagnosis.
See our Vascular Surgeons
Watch an Overview Video
In the video below, Dr. Rocco Ciocca gives an overview of diseases commonly treated by vascular surgeons, including aneurysms, PAD, carotid, venous disease and angio access.
Watch the video
Note: Microsoft Silverlight is required to view the presentation above.
Read article on protecting at-risk patients from abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)