Diagnosis and Treatment
Each patient’s concern requires a personalized approach. Here’s what you can expect.
- We will perform a thorough history and physical exam
- When indicated, we will order appropriate tests to diagnose your problem, including x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), bone scans, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and specialized nerve and muscle testing called electromyography and nerve conduction velocity testing (EMG/NCV).
Our team uses a combination of treatments, such as:
- Physical training with therapeutic exercise (gym, pilates, yoga)
- Movement, activity modifications
- Cross training
- Physical modalities (heat & ice)
- Therapeutic and diagnostic injections (peripheral joint injections and epidural spine injections), including ultrasound guidance
Testing and Treatment (we perform in the office)
Electromyography and nerve conduction velocity testing (EMG/NCV)
These studies aid in the diagnosis of unexplained weakness and/or numbness, nerve and muscule injury, and neuromuscular and spinal disorders.
We coordinate treatment with your primary care doctor as well as physical and occupational therapists, chiropractors, surgeons and other providers to restore optimal body function and prevent future recurrences.