Swedish Gastroenterology provides consultative and diagnostic services, and treatments and procedures for a broad range of routine and complex digestive health problems. We see adult patients (ages 18 and older) from throughout the Pacific Northwest who have common gastrointestinal concerns and screening needs.
Click here for Pediatric Gastroenterology.
We are also a referral center for many complex conditions that require the experience, expertise and resources of an advanced endoscopy group associated with a major medical center.
Appointments & Referrals
Seattle: First Hill & Ballard
Conditions Diagnosed and Treated
- Routine disorders of the digestive system
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Complex pancreatitis and associated conditions
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Swallowing disorders
- Peptic ulcer disease
- GI dismotility, such as gastroparesis
- Obscure bleeding
- Cancerous and precancerous polyps and lesions
- Barrett’s esophagus
Treatments and Procedures
- Colon cancer screening
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) for pancreatic and biliary disorders
- Diagnostic and interventional endoscopic ultrasound
- Endoscopic mucosal resection and ablative therapies for Barrett’s esophagus and other early neoplasms
- Esophageal and enteral stenting for malignant and benign conditions
- Removal of complex polyps and precancerous lesions
- Deep enteroscopy
- Therapeutic endoscopic management of gastrointestinal malignancies
Pediatric digestive health/gastroenterology services for children up to age of 18 are available at Swedish Pediatric Gastroenterology.
December 22, 2014 How to deal with acute or chronic diarrhea
December 8, 2014 No “window of opportunity” for celiac disease prevention
November 28, 2014 Over the counter medications to avoid for gastrointestinal health