Refer a Patient
Patient Referrals: Maternal and Fetal Specialty Center
To refer your high-risk OB patient, call 206-386-2101 (First Hill) or 425-394-5030 (Issaquah). Referrals can also be faxed to 206-386-6715.
All of the specialists at Swedish’s Maternal and Fetal Specialty Center are highly experienced in caring for medically complex pregnancies. But we’re just as interested in supporting you with any one – or all – of the following:
- One-time patient consultations
- Ongoing patient consultations
- Co-management of cases
- Highly focused patient education
- Ancillary testing, including NST and ultrasound
- Transfer of care as needed
Our program also includes 24/7 availability of maternal and fetal specialists and neonatologists in the hospital, NICU (Level 3), PICU, and maternal and newborn transport.
We also offer the following programs and services:
- Diabetes in pregnancy (gestational program and Type I/Type II program)
- Multiples program
- Bariatric pregnancy care
- Invasive placentation management
- Maternal medical complications
- Pre-term labor
- Fetal ultrasound
- Genetic counseling and prenatal diagnosis
- Pregnancy management of/with fetal abnormalities
Watch a DocTalk Video
Drs. Tanya Sorensen and R. Guy Hudson talk about renal fetal abnormalities, when and how they are detected, and how they will partner with you to treat patients needing specialized care.
Note: Microsoft Silverlight is required to view the presentation above.
As an OB provider, you have a critical role in making sure your patients are taken care of when they are found to be high risk. See a list of questions you may have about the Maternal and Fetal Specialty Center and the referral process. View Frequently Asked Questions.