Maternal and Fetal Specialty Center
Though pregnancy is a natural process, it does become complicated sometimes. When it does, the experts at the Swedish Maternal & Fetal Specialty Center are here to guide and support you. At Swedish, we work with you and your medical team toward our mutual goal: A healthy baby and a healthy mother.
We help women who:
- Have chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension or autoimmune diseases
- Develop medical problems in pregnancy
- Are pregnant with multiple babies, or a baby with an unexpected anomaly
- Have a placental problem affecting baby’s or mother’s care
- Have had complications in a previous pregnancy and want to have us guide their current pregnancy
We also support women who seek advice and counseling before they become pregnant. Some have had pregnancy problems in the past. Others are concerned about a family history of genetic problems. We offer a full range of genetic screenings and have the experts who can answer any question a prospective parent may have.
We handle all of your appointment and test scheduling for you. And we’ll keep your primary care physician or obstetrician informed.
In addition, our patients have access to all of the comprehensive pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum services available at Swedish, including:
- Around the clock availability of Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists and neonatology care
- The area’s foremost obstetric and pediatric nurses, anesthesiologists and therapists
- Postpartum support and care continuity
- Our renowned Level IV neonatal intensive care unit
You may only need one or a few of these services. But whatever your need, rest assured that you and your baby can both get the care you need in a single location.
In this Section
Appointments & Referrals
Have a question? Call 206-386-2101 or 1-800-228-9677 anytime Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
Maternal and Fetal Specialty Center at First Hill
Nordstrom Tower, Suite 750
Seattle, WA 98104
Map and Directions
The Obstetrix Medical Group at Issaquah
751 N.E. Blakely Drive
Issaquah, WA 98029
Map and Directions
Call 206-386-BABY (2229)
If you'd like to have your baby at Swedish, let us help you find a doctor or midwife.
Classes and Free Tours
Learn all about having a baby and caring for her when she arrives.
Now Get a Little Extra TLC