It's our privilege and honor to help you bring your new one into the world. We also love to help you capture this precious time in your family's life by providing you a convenient way of sharing and showing off your new baby.
At the Edmonds campus, with your permission, we will post your baby's first photo taken by Growing Families, on our Web site so everyone, near or far, can see your new arrival. There is no cost for this service. Click on Your Baby's Photo on our Web site and then click on e-nursery. For security purposes, your baby will be listed by first name and middle initial only.
This is an optional service. You may decide whether or not to put your baby on our Web site when you complete the photo order form given to you by the photo hostess. The photo will be posted in about one week,after the picture is taken.
At the Ballard and First Hill campuses, Swedish brings experienced photographers from Bella Baby Photography to capture your baby's first photograph with a natural, artistic style. Your professional mini photo shoot can take place right in the comfort of your hospital room.
Photos are posted to an online, custom slide-show for you to view shortly after your session and is a great way to share the birth of your baby with family and friends. Online viewing and ordering is password protected and only available to those with whom you choose to share your password. Photos will be available for 14 days after the photos are taken.
Tips for viewing your photos on Bella Baby:
After you enter the Bella Baby web site, visit the Client section and enter your unique password.
- Your photos will automatically play as a slide-show. To stop the slide-show press the pause button at the bottom of the screen. You can then scroll through each photo one at a time.
- You will find the photo number in the top left corner. Use these numbers when placing your order.
- Each photo can be printed in black and white, color or sepia. Please see the "Order" section for ordering instructions. Visit the Price List section of the Bella Baby web site for more information.
Tips for a Great Photo Shoot
Bella Baby photographers capture the beauty of your baby by using natural window light, experienced photographers and professional grade SLR digital cameras.
- Babies look beautiful when being held in their parents' arms or cuddled in one of their own baby blankets. Bring your favorite baby blanket or afghan from home for use in the photo shoot. A beautiful blanket can add texture, color and memories to your newborn's photo.
- We love to include the mom or dad's hands in our photos. Wear clear or neutral polish on the day of your shoot. We want your baby to be the focus of the photos.
- Bring a solid black, brown or grey shirt for you to wear in photos. We may photograph your baby in your arms. These colors look great in both color and black and white prints.
- Friends and family are welcome to stay to view this special rite of passage.
Questions or problems accessing the Web Nursery? Please read the Bella Baby FAQs.