Swedish is recognized throughout the region for its outstanding team of highly skilled podiatric surgeons who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of podiatric foot, ankle and related leg disorders.
Foot and ankle surgeons provide comprehensive medical and surgical care for a wide variety of foot and ankle conditions including common to complex disorders and injuries that affect people of all ages.
In addition, Swedish is home to the Swedish Podiatric Surgical Residency Program, a three-year residency program in reconstructive foot, ankle and related leg disorders. This is one of the top podiatric surgical residencies in the country.
Swedish podiatrists report the top 10 problems prompting people to see a podiatrist are:
- Achilles rupture and other tendon disorders
- Ankle fractures, arthritis or instability
- Pediatric and adult acquired flat foot
- Foot fractures caused by trauma or repetitive stress
- Paralytic foot disorders
- Bunions and other disorders of the big toe joint
- Nerve disorders
- Heel pain
- Sports related and overuse injuries
- Rheumatoid foot and other joint disorders