Pediatric Thyroid Program
Appointments & Referrals
206-215-2700 or 206-215-3700
Physician to physician consults
206-215-2701 (during business hours) or 206-215-2700 (after hours)
About Our Program
~ Northwest resource dedicated to the care and treatment of children and adolescents with thyroid disorders ~
The Thyroid is a small gland located in the neck. It produces hormones which regulate essential metabolic and chemical processes of many organ systems. Thyroid disorders have a profound impact on children’s development, growth and well-being. Best outcome in pediatric thyroid disease requires early detection and appropriate therapy with careful monitoring.
Our Mission is to provide expert and comprehensive care to children and adolescents with disorders of the thyroid. Our interdisciplinary team is committed to helping our pediatric patients achieve healthy outcomes and productive lives.
Conditions We Care For
Thyroid disorders can present itself at birth or develop in childhood, adolescence or adulthood. We provide care for any child who has or is affected by a thyroid disorder. Some of the conditions we care for include:
- Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Thyroid Nodules and Cancer
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes (MENS)
- Familial and Genetic Thyroid Nodules and Cancer
Your child is cared for by a unique team of physicians and health care professionals specializing in:
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
- Laboratory Sciences
- Specialty Nursing
- Pediatric endocrinologists and nurses with expertise in the spectrum of thyroid disorders
- Diagnosis, treatment and management of thyroid disorders across the continuum of life
- Unique pairing of surgical experts in pediatric and adult thyroid nodules and carcinoma
- Highly trained child life specialists providing personalized support to children and their families
- Thyroid ultrasound and fine needle aspiration with pediatric sedation
- Travel and accommodation assistance for families traveling from abroad
Contributions are instrumental in ensuring our ability to provide state-of-the-art services to our patients. To donate, please contact the Foundation at 206-386-2738 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Parentelligence Blog!
It's all about smart parenting. Check it out