Patient Billing Guide
We know you have many choices for your medical care, and we thank you for choosing Swedish.
You have options
Your child will be receiving medical care in an outpatient hospital location. This is just one of many places where you can receive medical services. Other options include:
- Inpatient hospitals
- Freestanding physician clinics/offices
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Inpatient rehabilitation facilities
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Home health care programs
- It's important to understand that not all health-care facilities in your community offer every medical service. If you have questions or concerns about which location is right for you, please consult your physician or insurance company.
- Insurance coverage for this site of service
- Your insurance coverage and coinsurance amounts for your medical services may vary because of the location selected by you and your physician. You can get more information on how your choice of facility impacts your bill by contacting your insurance provider.
You may receive two bills for the services you receive at an outpatient hospital location; one bill from the practitioner (such as the physician), and one from the facility (such as the hospital or nursing care site).
You may also get additional bills depending on the services received at the outpatient hospital location. For example, if your doctor orders a medical-imaging test, such as an X-ray or a CT scan, you may get a bill from the radiologist for the service.
In some instances, Swedish will verify your insurance coverage for the facility portion of your services. This does not guarantee payment for the medical services provided there. If you're concerned about insurance coverage or what you must pay for your services, please call your insurance company directly.
If you have questions regarding the number of bills you may receive, please contact Swedish Financial Patient Relations at 206-386-2562.
Pediatric Therapy Services747 Broadway
First Hill Campus, 6 West
Seattle, WA 98122