New Patient Evaluation
The management of pain has improved dramatically in recent years with the utilization of new medications, devices, and treatments. To assure we are treating patients according to the best practices, we:
- Hold informal and formal patient discussions and in-services
- Integrate our research programs and conduct both investigator-initiated and Phase 1, 2, 3, and 4 clinical studies enabling us to maintain our cutting-edge knowledge on the latest therapies
- Attend and present at national and international meetings
Preparing for your first visit:
Please obtain insurance verification:
- Before your first visit to the Swedish Pain and Headache Center, we ask that you contact your insurance carrier to verify that both the practitioner(s) you have been referred to, as well as Swedish Medical Center, are contracted with your specific insurance plan. Please remember to bring your insurance information to your new appointment for registration purposes.
Provide medical record information:
- Please coordinate with your referring practitioner or your primary-care practitioner in providing the Swedish Pain and Headache Center with medical record information pertinent to your pain complaint, as well as any X-ray, MRI or any other medical imaging reports.
The information can be faxed to 206-215-2229, Attention: New Referrals, or you may bring it with you. This information is important in assisting our practitioners with completing a more thorough and complete evaluation. Without this information at your first visit, the practitioner may need to reschedule your appointment.
Appointments to Swedish Pain and Headache Center are made by referral only. If your doctor has referred you to our service, you will be sent a packet containing a multi-page form for you to fill out and bring to your appointment.
You will receive two bills for your visit:
- From Swedish Medical Center for supplies/materials/business office and nursing staff support/facility fees
- From the practitioner for their professional fee
If you have any questions regarding our billing process, please contact our office at 206-215-6531.
Making your scheduled appointment is important in addressing your pain management needs. Notify the center as soon as you know you will need to be changing your appointment, a minimum of 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. A $25 charge may be assessed for missed appointments and late cancellations.