Referring a Patient to the Pain & Headache Center
Pain and Headache Services
Spinal Cord Stimulation Edmonds
Spinal Cord Stimulation First Hill
Medication Optimization - Edmonds
Spinal Cord Stimulation Issaquah
Medication Optimization - First Hill
Pain and Headache Center - First Hill
Medication Optimization - Issaquah
Due to our patient volume, we are unable to take over long-term management of the pain patient, but we are happy to partner with the primary-care provider to optimize the patient's pain management and quality of life.
Click here to view or download a Pain and Headache Center referral form.
The medical professionals at the Swedish Pain and Headache Center are dedicated to offering the latest state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional pain-management therapies, medication and other non-drug therapies for:
- Acute pain (after surgery or injury)
- Chronic pain (back pain, arthritis-related pain, diabetic neuropathy, neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndromes)
- Cancer pain
- Other disease-related pain
The following services are provided by the Swedish Pain & Headache Center:
- Evaluation of the patient's pain and potential therapy options
- Development of a long-term treatment plan for ongoing pain management
- Follow-up consultation if the patient's pain syndrome changes and/or the treatment plan is no longer effective
- Diagnostic and therapeutic injections with or without fluoroscopic guidance
- Therapeutic procedures, such as radiofrequency neurotomy, cryo-ablation, IntraDiscal ElectroThermal TherapyTM (IDET) and nucleo-plasty, and implantable technologies, such as spinal-cord stimulators
Referring physicians and/or designated primary-care physicians should be comfortable prescribing opioids if the Swedish Pain and Headache Center physician recommends their use in an ongoing pain-management plan. Due to the volume of referrals and the chronic nature of many of the pain syndromes, we no longer follow patients on a regular basis for an extended period of time, except when we have placed an implantable pain device, such as an intrathecal pump or spinal-cord stimulator.
Please note: We do not offer detoxification of patients on opioids or treat patients with substance-abuse problems unless they are concurrently in an addiction-treatment program.