Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Program
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services/Cherry Hill
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services/First Hill
Sports and Orthopedic Therapy
If you live with chronic pain, illness or a stress-related medical condition, you may be interested in learning skills that will help you to help yourself. The Swedish Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program, (formerly known as Mindfulness Based Wellness) offers you instruction in mindfulness meditation, gentle yoga and a range of strategies to manage stress and physical symptoms.
This eight-week class* is designed to complement your medical care.
Instructors Carolyn McManus, P.T., M.A., Diane Hetrick, P.T., and Peggy Maas, P.T., provide you with:
- Effective ways to manage stress, pain and illness
- Instruction in relaxation and mindfulness meditation
- Gentle stretching exercises that enhance mobility and build mind-body awareness
- Special tools to integrate class material into daily life
- A supportive group for sharing experiences and feelings about
- Illness and healing
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program is appropriate for individuals with a variety medical conditions such as:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Back pain
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Muscle disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Chronic pain
- Heart disease
- Rheumatological conditions
- Cumulative trauma disorder
Click here for our Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction flyer.