Treatment & Prevention of Cushing's Disease
Treatment of Cushing's syndrome depends on the cause.
- Surgical removal of tumor
- Surgical removal of part, all, or both adrenal glands
- Radiation for some persistent tumors
- Gradual withdrawal of cortisone-type drugs under close medical supervision
- Drugs that decrease cortisol production or block the functioning of other adrenal products
Work with your doctor to keep use of corticosteroid drugs to a minimum.
Copyright © 2009 EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.