The MS Center Gym
The Multiple Sclerosis Center at Swedish offers free use of its gym for patients who have previously seen a physical therapist at the center for a gym orientation. Patients can practice their rehabilitation exercises and work out in the gym during designated hours. The gym features a comprehensive suite of equipment, including some specialized for people living with MS:
- Upright and leg ergometer bikes, elliptical trainer and treadmill
- Upper-body ergometers (UBE)
- Rickshaw (seated triceps press)
- Circuit weight training and free weights
- Nu Step® recumbent elliptical
- Motomed® (lower- and upper-body bike)
- Functional Electric Stimulation (FES) Bike
Who can exercise at the MS Center Gym?
MS Center patients, 18 and older, who have previously seen a physical therapist at the center for a gym orientation, can use the facility and receive assistance from trained staff. Patients will have to complete a Patient Agreement form. Caregivers and family members are welcome to accompany patients, but are not be permitted to exercise.
How much does it cost to use the gym?
It’s free for MS Center patients.
What other wellness programs does the MS Center offer?