People with MS often face complicated employment needs and situations. Our Vocational Services Team can help patients with at-work accommodations, advocacy of employment rights and the physical and emotional wellness needed to stay on the job. This team includes a vocational counselor, physical rehabilitation physician, occupational therapist, social worker and rehabilitation psychologist.
This MS Center team provides:
- Guidance for patients who want to continue in their currents jobs
- Comprehensive vocational assessments to help people with employment and educational goals
- Help with job searches and applications for disability, including Social Security Disability and long- and short-term disability.
- Coordination of classroom accommodations for high school and college students
- Referral and coordination of services with state agencies such as the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Department of Services for the Blind
Our Vocational Services Team works with patients on physical rehabilitation programs to help them maintain their optimal physical mobility and function. The team also is a resource for counseling and support groups that can help workers with MS cope with their illness and adjust to any changes at work due to disability.
Learn more about the members of our Vocational Services Team:
Shaheen Virani, MA, CRC
Angeli Mayadev, M.D.
Simon Gale, OTR/L
Michelle, Toshima, Ph.D.
Alan Wittenberg, MSW, RC