Seasonal and Annual Events
The MS Center at Swedish strives to help patients maximize their quality of life not only through treatment, but through activities that build community and engage patients socially, creatively and physically. We sponsor a number of seasonal MS events to bring people together to accomplish those goals – and to have fun.
Annual Art Show
The MS Center at Swedish has held an annual art show since 2009, presenting creative works by those affected by MS in the Pacific Northwest. Artists of all abilities are welcome.
The purpose of this event is to:
- Enhance quality of life through art
- Raise community awareness about multiple sclerosis
- Provide an opportunity for individuals touched by MS to express themselves
- Offer a venue for artists to display their work, meet others in the community and sell their art if desired
- Encourage individuals to thrive apart from their disease. The show is NOT a fundraiser but merely an opportunity to raise awareness about the disease and enable individuals to display their work before a larger audience.
For more information about the art show, read our FAQ and details on how to enter.
The Annual Summer BBQ is presented by the Adults with MS Support Group on the beautiful Jim and Gaye Pigott Outdoor Terrace at the MS Center. All MS community members, family and friends are welcome to attend this fully catered event with a live band.
Seasonal Celebration and Gift Wrapping
In preparation for winter and the holidays, the MS Center invites community members to socialize, eat sweets, sip hot cocoa and participate in seasonal craft-making. Guests are encouraged to bring their holiday presents for complimentary wrapping. All materials are provided by the MS Center.
The MS Center collaborates annually with the local nonprofit organization Outdoors for All to bring recreational activities to MS patients, family members, caregivers and friends. Each year a variety of free bike rides and climbing activities are offered with adaptive equipment and under the supervision of recreational experts.
Walk MS and Bike MS
As one of the largest and most successful fundraising teams in Washington, the Swedish MS Walk and Bike Team proudly participates in the National MS Society Walk and Bike MS each year to raise awareness and funds for an MS cure.
Read the MS Center blog for details on seasonal and annual events, or contact the MS Center at 206-320-2200 or email@example.com.