The MS Center holds a variety of educational events to help people with MS and their families and caregivers make sense of this complicated and sometimes unpredictable disease. These talks, seminars and social events are a great opportunity to connect with others in the MS community and learn about the latest research and treatments.
Each year, experts from the MS Center and the National MS Society bring free traveling seminars to communities throughout Washington to share the most up-to-date information about MS diagnosis, treatment, research, rehabilitation and exercise.
We will visit four different communities in 2017:
- Bremerton on March 25
- Walla Walla on May 6
- Fife on December 2 Register Now »
- Mount Vernon on February 10, 2018 (rescheduled from October 14) Register Now »
You do not need to be a patient of Swedish to attend a roadshow. Family, friends and caregivers are welcome.
Speakers, Talks and Presentations
Our MS specialists, including neurologists and neuro-ophthalmologists, give multiple talks each month about MS diagnosis, treatment and research. Presentations are held at various locations throughout the greater Seattle and Eastside areas.
The MS Center periodically presents nationally recognized speakers and celebrities from the MS Community. In 2015:
- Country music star Clay Walker toured the center and wrote a song with our Music Therapy patients.
- Trevis Gleason, world-renowned chef and author, launched his new book, “Chef Interrupted,” at the MS Center.
- Pop start David Osmond performed for patients and toured the center.
- Singer, actress and author Kristie Salerno Kent shared her inspirational story and sang for patients.
To learn more about special events and upcoming talks, please contact Katie Scaff at 206-320-2200 or send an email.
There are many services outside of our specialties that are available. Here’s a list of helpful resources.