Treatment of Cushing's syndrome depends on the cause.
- Surgical removal of tumor
- Surgical removal of part, all, or both adrenal glands
- Radiation for some persistent tumors
- Gradual withdrawal of cortisone-type drugs under close medical supervision
- Drugs that decrease cortisol production or block the functioning of other adrenal products
Work with your doctor to keep use of corticosteroid drugs to a minimum.
Copyright © 2009 EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.
Swedish Pituitary Center550 17th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98122
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Map & Directions
Affiliated clinic: Cranial, Spine and Joint Clinic at Providence Everett
Diagnosed with a pituitary tumor?
Many treatments offer long-term solutions.
Need a second opinion?
Watch and learn
In a series of 8 videos, Dr. Mayberg discusses pituitary tumors and their treatment.
How you can help
Swedish is constantly working to ensure patients with debilitating neurological disorders have access to the best treatment options, the latest technology, and state-of-the-art facilities.
What to expect during your hospital stay
Take a personalized interactive tour, click here.