Although symptoms may vary, common symptoms of Cushing's syndrome are:
- Weight gain of the upper body and trunk
- Face shaped like a moon
- Skin changes:
- Darkening of the skin
- Purple stretch marks
- Easy bruising
- Excess hair growth or acne in women
- Menstrual disorders, especially infrequent or absent periods
- Diminished fertility and libido
- High blood pressure
- Water retention or swelling
- High blood sugar or diabetes
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Personality changes or mood swings
- Muscle weakness
- Osteoporosis or brittle bones
- Skeletal growth retardation in children
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Low back pain
Copyright © 2009 EBSCO Publishing
All rights reserved.
Swedish Pituitary Center550 17th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98122
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Map & Directions
Diagnosed with a pituitary tumor?
Many treatments offer long-term solutions.
Need a second opinion?
Watch and learn
In a series of 8 videos, Dr. Mayberg discusses pituitary tumors and their treatment.
How you can help
Swedish is constantly working to ensure patients with debilitating neurological disorders have access to the best treatment options, the latest technology, and state-of-the-art facilities.
What to expect during your hospital stay
Take a personalized interactive tour, click here.