Free Patient Exercise Hours
Mondays, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Fridays, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Reserve a gym time: Call (206) 320-2200.
Questions? Contact us or call (206) 320-2200.
The Multiple Sclerosis Center at Swedish offers a free exercise program for patients who have previously seen a physical therapist at the Center. Patients can practice their rehabilitation exercises and work out in the MS Center gym during designated hours. The MS Center gym features a comprehensive suite of equipment, including some specialized for people living with MS.
• Upright and leg ergometer bikes, elliptical trainer and treadmill • Upper body ergometers (UBE) • Rickshaw (seated triceps press) • Circuit weight training and free weights • Nu Step® recumbent elliptical • Motomed® (lower and upper body bike) • Assistance from trained MS Center staff
Who can exercise at the MS Center Exercise Gym?
- MS Center patients, age 18 and older
- Caregivers and family members are welcome to accompany, but will not be permitted to exercise
How does it work?
Time slots are available in 30-minute segments. Sign-ups are first come, first serve. Due to high patient demand, Nu Step® and Motomed® are by reservation only.
What is the cost of the program for patients?
- Free for MS Center patients
How do I sign up for a time slot?
Please call us at 206-320-2200 to sign up for a time slot. At your first visit, you'll receive a brief orientation of the MS Center gym and fill out an agreement form.
What other Wellness programs are offered through the MS Center?
- Custom exercise programs
- Rehabilitation for multiple sclerosis patients
- Free exercise and movement classes