Emotional health is important in living a healthy and happy life. Our rehabilitation psychologist and social worker specialize in working with those facing the challenges of multiple sclerosis and related disorders. We offer a number of avenues to help maintain emotional health.
- Making positive health behavior changes
- Stress management
- Cope with diagnosis, symptoms or disability
- Treat depression, anxiety or other psychological disorders
- Couples or family counseling
- Group counseling. A weekly group to interact with others and learn skills to face challenges with MS. Learn more about the Coping Skills Group.
- Support groups. For more information on the types of support groups offered and how to join, visit the Support Groups page.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction classes. A weekly drop-in class teaches breathing and mindfulness techniques to manage stress and help the body and mind relax. Visit the Physical Wellness page.
Multiple Sclerosis Center1600 East Jefferson
Seattle, WA 98122
How You Can Help
Swedish is constantly working to ensure patients with debilitating neurological disorders have access to the best treatment options, the latest technology, and state-of-the-art facilities.