Neurology Services Edmonds
Swedish/Edmonds provides neurological diagnostic testing services. Our registered neurodiagnostic technicians are caring, customer-oriented and highly skilled professionals and provide the following diagnostic services:
- EEG (electroencephalogram): This test records the electrical activity of the brain. An EEG takes one to two hours. The patient lies on a comfortable bed for the duration of the test.
- EMG/NCV (Electromyograph/nerve conductive velocity): This test is performed by a neurologist and takes about one hour. The EMG evaluates the muscles; the nerve conduction study evaluates the nerves.
- VER (visual evoked response): This test evaluates the function of the optic nerve. This test takes about one hour. The patient sits in a darkened room and looks at a TV screen with a checkerboard pattern.
- BAER (brainstem auditory evoked response): Evaluates the function of the auditory nerve. The patient wears soft foam earphone inserts and lies on a bed. A BAER takes about one hour.
- Somatosensory Testing (MSEP, ULSEP, PTSEP, DSEP): Tests evaluate the function of specific nerves. Takes approximately one hour.
All tests must be ordered by a licensed provider. We will gladly answer your questions. You may call us at 425-640-4312.
Edmonds Campus21601 76th Ave. W.
Edmonds, WA 98026