Aneurysm Stent Graft
The standard treatment for aneurysms has traditionally been open surgery. In recent years, however, physicians at the Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute have acquired the expertise and the technology to treat many aneurysms with minimally invasive endovascular stent grafts.
Catheters are used to guide and deliver a stent graft through the blood vessels to the site of aneurysm, where the graft reinforces the weak spot in the vessel and allows blood to pass through without pushing on the aneurysm.
A number of different imaging studies may be used to determine if a patient is a good candidate for an aneurysm stent graft.
The grafts performed at Swedish include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm stent graft
- Descending thoracic aortic aneurysm stent graft
- Complex thoracic abdominal aneurysm stent graft
- Iliac artery aneurysm stent graft
- Femoral popliteal aneurysm stent graft