Cardiac rehabilitation is for people who have had a heart attack, stent placement, bypass surgery, valve surgery, or who have stable angina (chest pain). The purpose of this program is to partner with participants and their physicians to assist each individual in achieving their health-care goals.
About the Program
The program includes medically supervised, on-site exercise sessions that are individualized and designed to gradually increase each participant’s strength, endurance and confidence. Most people participate in a program which consists of 24- 36 sessions. Cardiac rehabilitation also includes education classes that help participants understand more about their heart disease and the benefit of healthy lifestyle changes.
- A one-on-one health evaluation
- A customized exercise plan
- Cardiac education classes
- Individual instruction about safe exercise practices
- Development of a home exercise program
- A baseline measurement of health at the start of the program with follow-up measurements at the end.
- A multidisciplinary staff of experienced health-care professionals
Patients with known coronary artery disease and cardiovascular disease are eligible to participate in this program. Insurance coverage will vary. Physician referral is required.
Appointments & Referrals
550 17th Avenue
Cherry Hill Campus, Center for Health and Fitness
James Tower, First Floor
Seattle, WA 98122
Phone: (206) 320-3320
Fax: (206) 320-3343
For Physicians / physician offices: CardioVascular Wellness Services Referral Form
21601 76th Ave. W.
Edmonds, WA 98026
Fax: 425 640-4332
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.,
Tuesdays by appointment only.