Neonatal Resuscitation Program™ (NRP)
The Gossman Center for Advanced Healthcare Simulation at Swedish is pleased to offer The Neonatal Resuscitation Program™ (NRP), sponsored by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Heart Association.
This course is designed for healthcare providers seeking completion of NRP provider status. NRP does not certify competence or change legal scope of practice.
Required course material
Textbook/etextbook of Neonatal Resuscitation Program 7th edition (2015)
Successful completion of the NRP requires significant advance preparation and includes the following elements.
1. Independent study of the NRP 7th edition eTextbook or Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook.
Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation 7th Edition/etextbook may be available at your institution, or you may purchase a personal textbook at www.aap.org/bookstore or at amazon.com.
2. Registration: Two Steps
FIRST: Register to Gossman’s NRP live class: “Insytu NRP 7th edition for Gossman ONLY”
Registration fee: $150.00
SECOND: Register to AAP/NRP Healthstream. (Registration fee per AAP Healthstream)
AAP Registration fee: $35.00
Create your User ID and password. Follow the AAP Healthstream log in instructions. If you need additional Healthstream assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 1-800-521-0574 or send an email
to Healthstream Customer Service.
Once you are logged in on AAP Healthstream, complete Part 1 of the NRP 7th Edition Provider course
- NRP online Exam, Lessons 1- 11 (You have unlimited attempts to complete Part 1)
- eSims: Tutorial, practice case, and 2 additional cases (Not graded)
After completion of Part 1, you can access Part 2 (Live class)
- You cannot sign up until you complete Part 1
- Select your event: “Insytu NRP 7th edition for Gossman ONLY” instructor led event
- Registration to Healthstream and completion of Part 1 (online test and eSIM) must be done prior to your scheduled Part 2 (Live class) “Insytu NRP 7th edition for Gossman ONLY”. You will NOT be allowed to participate in the class if you have not completed Part 1 and signed- up on Part 2.
- Present a copy of your Part 1 Certificate of completion to your instructor on the course day in order to participate in the NRP class.
NRP Completion Card
Complete Instructor-Led Event evaluation in AAP NRP Healthstream to generate NRP completion eCard at the completion of the live class. NRP card is available for printing within 48 hours after the class.
The class includes skills review and validation, simulation, with focus on teamwork, communication and role adoption during neonatal resuscitation followed by structured debriefing.
Participants come fully prepared to the NRP course, ready to work on specific skills, and to participate as a team member/leader in neonatal resuscitation scenarios. Simulation sessions are videotaped and debriefed.
NRP Provider Class 4 hours
To reschedule or cancel your registration, please contact Merllie Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may reschedule up to five business days prior to your scheduled course date without penalty or fees.
Cancellations received at least five days prior to the scheduled course date will incur a $35 processing fee. The remainder of the registration fee will be refunded.
There are no refunds or rescheduling available if the request is received less than five business days prior to the scheduled course date.
If there are less than six paid registrations five days prior to a class, it may be necessary to cancel the class. If the class is cancelled, participants may choose to reschedule to another class day or receive a full refund. You will be notified at least five business days prior to the class if cancellation becomes necessary.
Questions: contact Merllie Flores at email@example.com or Ben Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.