Cardiac rehabilitation is for people who have had a heart attack,
stent placement, bypass surgery, valve surgery, or who have
stable angina (chest pain). The purpose of this program is to
partner with participants and their physicians to assist each
individual in achieving their health-care goals.
About the program
The program includes medically supervised, on-site exercise
sessions that are individualized and designed to gradually
increase each participant’s strength, endurance and confidence.
Most people participate in a program which consists of 24- 36
sessions. Cardiac rehabilitation also includes education classes
that help participants understand more about their heart
disease and the benefit of healthy lifestyle changes.
• A one-on-one health evaluation
• A customized exercise plan
• Cardiac education classes
• Individual instruction about safe exercise practices
• Development of a home exercise program
• A baseline measurement of health at the start of the program
with follow-up measurements at the end.
• A multidisciplinary staff of experienced health-care professionals
Patients with known coronary artery disease and cardiovascular
disease are eligible to participate in this program.
Insurance coverage will vary. Physician referral is required.
For Physicians / physician offices: CardioVascular Wellness Services Referral Form
CardioVascular Wellness550 17th Avenue
Cherry Hill Campus, James Tower
Seattle, WA 98122-5711
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Map & Directions